Let TechHelp Ottawa Introduce You To
IPTV Television Over The Internet
**The 21st Century’s Ultimate
IPTV — Internet Protocol Television — is the cutting edge way to
access digital content without conventional cable or satellite service
Internet Protocol television (IPTV) is the delivery of television content over Internet. This is in contrast to delivery through traditional terrestrial, satellite, and cable television formats. Unlike downloaded media, IPTV offers the ability to stream the source media continuously. As a result, a client media player can begin playing the content (such as live TV channels) immediately. This is known as streaming media.
> Read more on Wikipedia
TechHelp Ottawa Can Help You Set Up An IPTV Service
Our services include client consultation, assistance with purchases and setup, as well as followup troubleshooting. We can help you subscribe to an IPTV streaming service and we can provide assistance with purchasing and setting up a compatible set top box. If you already have a subscription to Netflix or Crave TV streaming services, we can help set those up on your new set top box as well for a seamless entertainment experience.
- We do not sell IPTV subscriptions. We recommend an IPTV service provider, based in Toronto, and help you set it up once you’ve purchased a subscription.
- We do not sell set top boxes. We recommend what we believe to be the best media device on the market for IPTV, and we’ll help you set it up once you have purchased it. The set top box that we recommend is NOT a preloaded streaming box.
- Once set up, accessed content is streamed, NOT downloaded.
- We are not affiliated with any subscription service or set top box manufacturer. We do not profit in any way from your use of IPTV. We simply charge a service fee for assisting you with purchasing and setting up equipment and services, just as we would for assisting you with setting up a computer, home entertainment system, or any other system. Following setup, how the equipment is used is the sole responsibility of the enduser.
• $50.00 per hour. (Our fee covers the cost of our time only.)
What You Need For Perfect IPTV
1. HIGH SPEED INTERNET
It is recommended that your Internet speed be at least 25 megabits per second or Mbps (read more here) download and 3 - 5 Mbps upload. The higher the download and upload speeds, the more reliable the video stream.
Another consideration is bandwidth. Since streaming HD and 4K video content consumes a great deal of data (bandwidth), it is highly recommended that you purchase an Internet service with no bandwidth cap (unlimited). If you are a moderate viewer, a monthly bandwidth cap of 300 to 350 GB should suffice.
- In Ottawa, expect to pay approximately $52 (+ tax) for a cable Internet package that includes 30 Mbp down, 5 Mbp up and unlimited bandwidth.
2. A SUBSCRIPTION TO AN IPTV STREAMING SERVICE
Similar to other streaming services, you must subscribe to an IPTV service in order to access and stream digital content. According to your needs, a typical subscription gives you access to hundreds of live TV channels in multiple languages—many in high definition (HD) and some in ultra high definition (4K). Channel lineups include Canadian TV, major US networks, Premium US channels (such as HBO, etc,), Canadian and US sports channels, hundreds of channels from around the world, the ability to “catch up” on missed TV shows as far back as 7 days, and thousands of movies and TV shows on demand, including latest releases.
- Subscription rates with a recommended Toronto-based IPTV provider start as low as $14 CAD per month or $60 CAD for three months or $110 CAD yearly.
3. A SET TOP BOX THAT SPECIALIZES IN STREAMING IPTV
In order to access live TV stations and other digital content as you would with a traditional cable or satellite TV set top box, you would need to make a one-time investment in a reliable set top device that is user friendly and that will do the job effectively. A good set top box that specializes in accessing IPTV streamed content will load content and change channels quickly, have little to no stuttering or buffering, will provide the ability to access previous TV shows on demand (called “time shift” or “catch-up”), and will allow for true PVR recording. Most important, the box’s Electronic Program Guide (EPG) and accompanying remote control must look and act like any regular cable or satellite TV guide and remote, making the whole experience familiar and user friendly. If you already have a subscription to Netflix or Crave TV streaming services, we can help set those up on your new set top box as well for a seamless entertainment experience.
- The cost of a recommended set top box is $129 CAD.
4. A DIGITAL HDMI CABLE
In order to connect your new set top box to your HD television, you’ll need to purchase a special connecting cable long enough to reach from the box to your TV.
- The cost of a recommended HDMI cable is approximately $15 CAD.
- No cable or satellite dish required; works with your existing high speed Internet Wi-Fi
- Less costly than conventional cable and satellite services
- Content includes channels in a variety of languages from all over the globe
- Many TV channels in high definition (HD); some in ultra high definition (4K)
- An excellent selection of Canadian and American channels
- An impressive selection of Canadian and American sports channels
- No local game blackouts
- An impressive selection of movies and TV shows on demand (VOD), including many latest releases and most in HD
- No contract, no auto renewal
- Subscriptions available on monthly, 3 month, 6 month or yearly terms
- Small set top box can be packed in a suitcase and used anywhere in the world where there is high speed Internet
- Ability to “time shift” or “catch up” on missed programs on demand
- Ability to record TV shows (PVR)